Presbytery Gathering: 27—29 March at St David’s Union Church Ashburton
Register for this important event as we gather from across the Presbytery. With General Assembly planned for later in 2020 this Gathering will be our only Gathering during 2020.
The Draft Programme can be downloaded here
Key aspects of this Gathering will include:
* Launching of our Alpine Mission Fund “Have a Go” project;
* Updates from our Hanmer & Prestons new mission projects;
* Presentation and adoption of our revised Alpine Presbytery Strategic Framework;
* PCANZ Moderator Rev Fakaofo Kaio’s reflections on his term as Moderator;
* Keynote Speaker Rev Spanky Moore on Culture & the Church;
* Choice of workshops (see below for more details)
* A special social time for our outgoing Executive Officer
* Appointment process for our incoming Presbytery Moderator;
* Information on Resourcing events coming up in 2020;
* Combined worship at St David’s on Sunday morning;
* Great opportunities to connect with people from across our Presbytery!
Register for our Gathering here – https://forms.gle/d6NjWnjoW9aimrBB9
Workshops will be held at the Gathering on Saturday afternoon and will be repeated after afternoon-tea subject to demand.
The Workshops are also open to people who might not be attending the whole Gathering, but registration is required so that we can plan venue spaces and resources. If you are only attending the Workshops register here: https://forms.gle/HqF7vCXoNVWuq7Az8
Workshop Details are:
° Multi-Generational Discipleship – led by the incoming PCANZ Moderator Rev Hamish Galloway (this will be his key theme in the time ahead);
° Care for Creation – led by Rev Dugald Wilson – a practical workshop that will give some ideas on how we can live out our calling to be people who care for our common home.
° Pastoral Care – led by Rev Dr Geoff New – a recent workshop that Geoff has created to help us be better at caring for one another.
° Ministry to the Third Age – a panel coordinated by Clare Ayers – looking at practical ways of connecting with the sometimes ‘forgotten’ older generations and how we can develop wonderful relationships and show dignity and respect to those who are our mature treasures.
° Outsmarting Porn – Matt Chamberlin from PCANZ Youth Ministries – looking at how we can deal with the widespread pressure of pornography.