Resources & INFORMATION available
We will endeavour to update this page with new information on resources as and when we are given them.
Opinion from Book of Order Advisory Committee
The latest advice for congregations seeking to have decision-making meetings when physical meetings are not allowable can be viewed here: Opinion of BOAC
Government Wage subsidy:
Use this worksheet to to help you determine if you will be eligible to apply for this subsidy:
Wage subsidy worksheet
Communication on line:
Many groups are using Zoom for their Council meetings, prayer meetings, regular connecting etc. You will find a brief video here:https://zoom.us/about.
And here is a handy guide in pdf form to accessing and using Zoom: How to Access Zoom
There are other options like messenger and Skype, so if you are more familiar with those they are good for smaller groups and one to one.
- Resources for Funerals:
Rev Dugald Wilson has compiled a resource for funerals—a short service to commend the deceased into the care of God, and it can be downloaded here: Service at home for funerals
The Church of England have produced a resource for people to use at home to remember loved ones at the time of the funeral. Download “A simple reflection at home on the day of a funeral you cannot attend.”
- A central place for resources is being coordinated on the PCANZ website here https://www.presbyterian.org.nz/for-parishes/coronavirus-information (scroll to the bottom of the page)
- A PCANZ face book page has been set up which you will find here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2302897206669617/
- The Vine Newsletter: each week during the period where public worship gatehrings are prohibited, PCANZ are publishing The Vine – a newsletter to resource and equip leaders to do church differently, which includes ideas and resources.
Click here to sign up for The Vine in your inbox each week.
- If you are preparing material that could be shared with other congregations, you could consider sharing it on the national Facebook page, or send it to us and we can share on the Alpine Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1059200950757083/
- “Lockdown: Church response to the mental health challenges of self isolation”. This paper by Rev Silvia Purdie can be viewed here: http://www.conversations.net.nz/church-response.html
- Parenting Place have created a lockdown hub so you can easily access content covering a variety of ideas, tips and coping strategies. Go to https://www.theparentingplace.com/lockdown-hub/
- Lockdown Youth Ministry – from PYM: http://pym.org.nz/lockdown-youth-ministry-vlog/
- “Short of Breath – Making Sense of Covid-19 Complexity”: This five-part study written by Silvia Purdie is an encouragement of theological reflection on Covid-19. It has some environmental and justice components and explores complexity. Download it here: Short of Breath
Devotions & Prayer:
- Our National Moderator is sharing a weekly devotion which you will find here https://www.facebook.com/modpcanz/.
- Prayer exercise for COVID time – An Hour of Prayer for the Coronavirus Pandemic
Resources for families
PSUSI have shared various resources from their Family Works team and other social services agencies which may be of assistance.
- Mental Health Foundation: https://www.mentalhealth.org.nz/get-help/covid-19/
- Mind Heart Kids: https://mcusercontent.com/8977d908ce7d0996c48e1bfd8/files/643b486d-3eee-42b0-8a3e-d22cf574304e/Explaining_COVID_19_to_kids.pdf
- Social Workers Tool Box: http://www.socialworkerstoolbox.com/covid-19-coronavirus-resources-parents-carers/
- Info on buses: http://www.metroinfo.co.nz/promotions/Pages/Help-keep-us-all-well.aspx
- List of essential businesses and services: https://covid19.govt.nz/help-and-advice/for-businesses-and-organisations/employers/