A selection of resources – and links to resources – to assist you with your work and outreach.
If you are preparing material that could be shared with other congregations please let us know the details and we can include it on this page.
Theological Education and Leadership Training (TELT) Report
Council of Assembly established the Theological Education and Leadership Training Task Group in March 2019. This is a significant wide-ranging report looking at leadership formation across the PCANZ and has some significant recommendations for us to consider.
The report is open to everyone to read and consider. Presbytery Council will be in touch regarding engaging people in this review process. Feedback should be sent to Presbytery by 21st August.
You are requested to constructively frame your response in three ways:
– Comments about the five streams identified in the executive summary and the direction outlined.
– Note any areas where the report is missing key information or omitted important material
– Detailed comments about the report
The report can be downloaded here: Theological Education and Leadership Training, and there are additional resources to assist with your considerations here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CmslYlflOv-2WKcr-GNQOXqj9ocoKhZi?usp=sharing
The Garage Series
In uncertain times it is important to ask questions with each other, so to help we have a new Youtube series called “The Garage Series. This is where we go out and about and find out what questions people are asking.
Resources for Funerals:
Rev Dugald Wilson has compiled a resource for funerals—a short service to commend the deceased into the care of God, and it can be downloaded here: Service at home for funerals.
The Church of England have produced a resource for people to use at home to remember loved ones at the time of the funeral. Download “A simple reflection at home on the day of a funeral you cannot attend.”
PCANZ Leaders – Ideas for Resourcing Ministry
This Facebook page from the National church can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2302897206669617/
Covid-19 & Lockdown
- “Lockdown: Church response to the mental health challenges of self isolation”. This paper by Rev Silvia Purdie can be viewed here: http://www.conversations.net.nz/church-response.html
- Lockdown Youth Ministry – from PYM: http://pym.org.nz/lockdown-youth-ministry-vlog/
- “Short of Breath – Making Sense of Covid-19 Complexity”: This five-part study written by Silvia Purdie is an encouragement of theological reflection on Covid-19. It has some environmental and justice components and explores complexity. Download it here: Short of Breath
Eco theology study
“Life, the Universe, and God” is a 6-part study by Rev Silvia Purdie, designed for either personal or group use. In a simple black and white pdf format, it explores key ideas of eco theology and the importance of Creation in the Christian faith.
Resources for families
PSUSI have shared various resources from their Family Works team and other social services agencies which may be of assistance.
- Mental Health Foundation: https://www.mentalhealth.org.nz/get-help/covid-19/
- Mind Heart Kids: https://mcusercontent.com/8977d908ce7d0996c48e1bfd8/files/643b486d-3eee-42b0-8a3e-d22cf574304e/Explaining_COVID_19_to_kids.pdf
- Social Workers Tool Box: http://www.socialworkerstoolbox.com/covid-19-coronavirus-resources-parents-carers/